PwC Tower – certified BOMA BEST Platinum
In 2008, GWLRA, on behalf of the Owner commenced construction on Phase 1 of this mixed-use development, consisting of a 26 story, 671,000 square foot office tower at 18 York. This state of the art facility with a LEED Gold (Core and Shell) designation features a Column Free design with a Raised Flooring system, a Green roof, Under-Floor distribution systems and a Deep Lake Water/Thermal Water storage cooling system. 18 York was architecturally designed by Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg (KPMB) and is the Canadian head office of PwC. The Architects commitment to lush green spaces with quality interior and exterior finishes is ideal for employees and visitors. As of December 2015, the 18 York office tower has been certified BOMA BEST Platinum.
- Designed to a LEED Gold (Core and Shell) standard
- Urban Forest Public Green Space and Green Roof.
- Deep Lake Water Cooling System.
- Efficient column-free floor plate with core to exterior wall distance of 45 feet.
- High performance glazing and building envelope to reduce energy requirements.
- Raised floors with under- floor VAV HVAC, electrical and voice data distribution.
- State of the art HVAC system – easily reconfigured, individual diffuser adjustability and better air quality in breathing zone.
- Dimmable lighting fixtures with occupancy sensors.
- Floors designed to accommodate open ceiling at 11 feet or typical lay in ceiling at 9 feet clear height.