Bremner Tower Achieves BOMA BEST Platinum
The Property Management team at /SFC is pleased to announce that the Bremner Tower located at 120 Bremner Boulevard achieved Platinum-level BOMA BEST certification. As part of Bremner’s certification process, an extensive online application was filled along with the required supporting documents. A third-party verifier assessed the property and the quality of the submission in person.
Here are highlights that helped Bremner secure this high caliber achievement:
- Energy use intensity of 14.8 equivalent kilo Watt hours per square foot per year placing the tower at the top performing buildings in North America.
- Close management of energy use by building operators enables optimum efficiency while maintaining occupant comfort.
- Green Council engagement nurtures collaboration between the property management team and tenants, such as tenant specific campaigns during Waste Reduction Week.
- Detailed, proactive assessment of short and long-term climate change risks.
- Quarterly per floor waste and recycling contamination reports sent to individual tenants.
- Unique building features such as a metered, rainwater system that helps offset approximately 15% of domestic water, used for irrigation and toilet flushing from P3 (shower facilities for cyclists) to the 11th floor.
- Tenant-only state of the art fitness facility that includes a terrace with a natural garden landscape where recently outdoor summer yoga classes were held for occupants.
For more information contact Meirav Even-Har, Sustainability Manager at: 416.364.0758 or [email protected]
ABOUT BOMA BEST
BOMA BEST Sustainable Buildings certification recognizes excellence in energy and environmental management and performance in commercial real estate. The Program is managed by the Building Owners and Managers Association of Canada (BOMA Canada) and delivered by the eleven Local BOMA Associations throughout Canada.
To learn more visit: http://bomacanada.ca/bomabest/